Our dance theatre work Spinstren (2002) was an exploration of the metaphor of spinning. It combined new and old technologies – the spinning of thread as well as voices. Spinstren developed half/angel’s reputation for making magical spaces of performance. It combined rich veins of poetic text, sound and video with a visual and choreographic use of performers. Spinstren toured in England and Ireland during 2002 & 2003. The performers were Jools Gilson-Ellis, Carla Bottiglieri, Cindy Cummings, and Jane Kellaghan.
- Oct 2003 – Tacchi-Morris Arts Centre, Somerset, UK
- Oct 2003 – Queen Elizabeth Hall, Bristol, UK
- Oct 2003 – Corn Exchange, Dorchester, Somerset, UK
- Sep 2003 – THEatre SPACE @ Henry Place, Dublin Fringe Festival, Ireland
- Oct 2002 – Institute for Choreography & Dance, Cork, Ireland
- July 2002 – Marktalle, Hamburg, Germany
- Apr 2002 – Exeter Phoenix, Devon, UK
- Mar 2002 – The Granary Theatre, Cork, Ireland
They were calling her. She could hear it in her deep sleep.
Gentle almost- sounds, in harmony
Random images from the archive
send an email to Jools Gilson | send an email to Richard Povall